Well, now we’re in to December we’re officially allowed to start talking about Christmas! And Christmas is certainly a time when packaging really comes into its own – here are a few amazing packaging related facts about the festive season.
- Approximately 1 billion Christmas cards will either be sent or handed out in the UK – that’s 17 for every man, woman and child. So, when Christmas is done, remember to recycle as many as possible or use some of them to make gift tags for next year!
- Brits will cook more than 19,000 tonnes of turkey this Christmas and we’ll use over 3,000 tonnes of aluminium foil to wrap them and other food with over the festive period
- Around 25 million Christmas puddings will also be served up alongside the turkey. Pass the indigestion tablets…
- An extra 500 million aluminium drinks cans are sold each Christmas
- Talking of aluminium cans, recycling just 1 aluminium drink can save sufficient energy to run a set of Christmas tree lights for 2 hours!
- We will eat around 175 million mince pies, all carefully brought to us in clever protective packaging to keep these lovely creations in perfect condition.
- Around 8 million Christmas trees will take up residence indoors and then be covered in twinkly decorations and lights
- Card packaging used at Christmas could cover Big Ben almost 260,000 times
- In Britain alone we will use around 227,000 miles of Christmas wrapping paper, that’s nearly enough to stretch to the moon!
- Around 30% extra rubbish is generated over the Christmas period – so please recycle and reuse
As we know, Christmas is a hugely important occasion for the packaging industry and certainly for AirPack, and a time when our great products really get put to good use. But remember, let’s all be responsible and recycle and reuse as much as we possibly can. Have fun and enjoy this special time!
Get Your Packaging Needs Sorted In Time For ChristmasBy ADMIN_AIRPACK • November 21st, 2023
There’s the old gag of small children being more interested in the box than the present inside – most of us have told it at one time or another, and it always seems to apply. However, joking aside, festive packaging is a key part of the success of any seasonal e-commerce operation. It’s even more […]Read more...
What is inflatable or air packaging?By ADMIN_AIRPACK • October 26th, 2023
Air packaging, also called inflatable packaging, is one of those things which sounds pretty simple and, like many of the best ideas, actually is. In essence, it comprises pillows of compressed air which can be inflated to different sizes. Simple, yes, but also highly effective. For this innovative material protects fragile items, offering all-round cushioning […]Read more...
The importance of recycling electricals – and a single delivery for fragile itemsBy ADMIN_AIRPACK • September 26th, 2023
E-waste is the term used to describe electrical goods which have been wrongly disposed of once their useful life is over. If this waste goes to landfill, it can mean dangerous substances leak, contaminating water and soil. There is even a potential threat to human health and wildlife. Equally, discarded electrical items are among the […]Read more...
Back to blog